Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Contest for the Alagille's Syndrome Alliance

First, my apologies for not posting a new recipe for a few days. I've gotten mired in a ghostwriting project - one of those "what the fvck was I thinking" projects. Bah. New recipe coming soon, I promise.

Ok, so on to my rediculously off-topic post. As some of you know, my daughter has Alagille's Syndrome, a rare, life-threatening disease. She's been through 8 surgeries (including open heart surgery when she was 6 months old) in her 5 years... with more to come.

I'm participating in a contest to donate to the Alagille Syndrome Alliance, a non-profit that supports research for a cure for this disease, and the Make-A-Wish Foundation, which was kind enough to send us to Disney World last year. Basically, I've submitted a post to a new social bookmarking site, and the post that gets the most 5-star votes wins a cash prize.

So if you'd like to help, it would be greatly appreciated. Here's the link to my post - all you need to do is go to the site, register (just make up a username and password - no email address required), and then visit the post and rate it 5 stars. The rating bar is above the image in my post.

My goal is to get 500 5-star votes by next Tuesday (Dec. 16) at midnight EST, when the contest ends. If you can pass this along to anyone who might be willing to vote, it would be a great help.

Pimping of this post is also much appreciated!

Hopefully, you've never heard of Alagille's Syndrome before... but as you can guess, this is a very important thing for me. One day, I hope to see a cure for this disease... and perhaps this contest will help me do my part in facilitating a cure.

Thanks for your help! (And again, I'll get back to vegan recipes very soon!)

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I'm praying for your daughter and family.

This blog optimized using Wordtracker.